2013年5月8日星期三

The Five People You Meet in Heaven


Today,I want to share with you a book named The Five People You Meet in Heaven.It is a best-selling novel by Mitch Albom.It was published in 2003 by Hyperion and remained on the New York Times Best Seller List for 95 weeks.I bought it maybe 2 years ago,but at that time,I were busy with traveling and exams,so I just put it there to collect dirts.T T


 

 But now,you can see summer is coming again.There is nothing better than reading books during summer days with cups of ice caramel macchiato.So I tried to find and started reading this books three days ago.


  
  To my surprised,I finished it just in three mornings. It tells a story about Eddie from his living to death.During his living,Eddie is so normal that you might never take a look to this kind of people.But his death save a little girl from a falling amusement park ride.As he is so kind that sent  to heaven, where he encounters five people who significantly impacted him while he was alive. 
 It uses five not too long stories to tell us that during a short life like us own,we meet so many people,built all kinds of relationships, then we have many kinds of connections.So all we can do is trying our best to treat everyone we meet by heart.What’s more, "Things we do affect others, even when we think nothing we do matters…it has really helped me to open my eyes... or maybe to stop trying to see just with my eyes so much and just close them and see what really matters... " As Mitch Albom said in this book.
Last but not least,when everything that seems so meaningless or so unconnected,we can make it become connected,because it really connected in a way we can not see clearly..

   Relationships are NOT "a two way street";
   Relationships are NOT "two one way streets";
   Relationships are NOT even "give and take";  
     Relationships ARE "give and accept". Give all the things we can give to others with a kind heart,then accept all the things others give to us with a tolerant heart.Life has an end,but love never.



(This book made me think of this movie~~~)

1 条评论:

  1. Did you read this book in English, or was there a Chinese translation?
    Have you also read the book Tuesdays with Morrie"? My mom has recommended it to me.

    回复删除